3 Simple Healthy Recipe Ideas
When you’re pressed for time, it’s great to have a few go to recipes that are healthy and quick to prepare. Here are 3 great recipes for you to try. I’d love to hear what you think? Do you have any go to recipes that are quick to throw together?
Halloumi Traybake (serves 2)
1 red onion cut into 2cm chunks
2 mixed peppers cut into 2cm chunks
1 courgette cut into 2cm chunks
250g halloumi sliced
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp driedOregano
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7
- Put the peppers, onion and courgette into a tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Put into the oven for 30 minutes. Mix the vegetables half way through cooking.
- Mix the tin of tomatoes and herbs through the roasted vegetables and place the halloumi slices on top. Brush the halloumi lightly with oil.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Zesty Tuna Jacket Potato (serves 2)
290g tinned tuna
2 jacket potatoes
1/4 of a lime juiced
2 tbsp light mayo
2 spring onion sliced
1 celery stalk finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6
- Prick the potatoes and bake until they are tender (about 1 hour).
- Mix the tuna, sping onion, celery, lime juice and mayo. Season with black pepper and spoon onto the halved jacket potatoes.
- Serve with a green salad.
Vegetable Frittata (serves 2)
4 free range eggs
2 spring onions sliced
2 tomatoes chopped
6 small mushrooms sliced
a handful of spinach
2 tbsp of milk
- Fry the spring onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach for 3 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk and season with ground black pepper and a pinch of salt. Mix through the vegetables and cook on the hob for 4 minutes or until the base of the frittata starts to set.
- Put the pan under the grill for about 3 minutes or until the top has set.
- Serve with a green salad